Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Top 5 'E' isms

1 ~ This has always been our favorite 'E' ism :
While riding in the car a couple of years ago, Mr. E was staring out the window and was quiet most of the ride.Then out of the blue he said very seriously,
"Mom, did you know I'm sometimes taller than midgets."
I think he was introduced to midgets by watching 'Bedtime Stories'.... with this kid, who knows.

2 ~ A couple of times Mr. E asked me,
"Mom why aren't you happy?"
I usually responded saying
"Buddy I'm happy."
One day after he asked me the same thing again, I finally asked him why he didn't think I was happy and he said,
"Because you aren't smiling."
(Again an example of his literal thinking, he knows what he sees. After this experience I started talking to him more about facial expressions and people's responses and what they could mean.)


3 ~ While driving in the car one evening, Mr. E (in a serious tone) said "mom are you a witch?"
Me "No bud I'm not a witch"
Mr. E "Because if you are a witch you better not go down a water slide."
Me "............ummm is it because witches melt when they get wet like on The Wizard of Oz?"
Mr. E "Yeah if you go down a water slide you would be gone before you even hit the bottom right mom!?!"
Me "yes bud".


4 ~ His fascination with buildings includes apartments, hotels and motels but mostly he's interested because whenhe's trying to figure out which one the building is. As we were walking the other day, we walked past some apartments and he asked if it was a hotel, we told him they were apartments so he said, "Really!?! Apartments and hotels are like twins, like brother and sister!"

5. While at springs camp, the group played a song really well and Mr. E said, " that sounded like real music right!"

No comments:

Post a Comment