Thursday, June 20, 2013

Social Interaction - today was great!

I love parks! They're a perfect place for kids to play, play, PLAY!!! And get all their busy little energy out. Mr. E loves parks because he's always loved slides. Watersides were his fixation for a couple of years but that.....is a whole other story.

Today I was happy to see him playing with other kids that were at the park. As he's gotten older he's wanted to play with other kids more and more but he still more often is content doing something by himself. At the park he would usually spend most his time at the slides and he's that kid not following the playground rules and is running back up the slide after he's just slid down.

1 if not 2 of the kids playing had to be about his same age which was also great because he tends to get along better and reach out more to kids younger.

I was entertained watching all of them run back and forth from the different play equipment. Mr. E would yell out, "I'm captain of this ship!" Then would run off yelling "hurry! A hurricane is coming, run for safety!" while the other kids followed yelling as well.

When I walked over to take pictures I noticed that he was yelling "all hells on deck! all hells on deck!" I started to laugh and told him that the phrase is suppose to be "all 'hands' on deck". I had to explain why they say that, and then I saw the light go on and he smiled and said "ohhhhhhh".

It wasn't until later that I started wondering if our consistency with Interactive metronome was what was making the difference with his social interaction.











No comments:

Post a Comment