Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fixation - Buildings and Earthquakes

Last fall Mr. E wanted to watch earthquakes on YouTube, I didn't know what kind of footage would be shown so I told him no. He asked if there are any lego earthquakes on there, not thinking there would be, I looked it up and low and behold there were tons of videos. Mr. E was in Mr. E Heaven!

This was great because the videos became a reward for homework and cello practice. Genius!

His fixation started evolving from earthquakes into buildings. He was becoming more and more fascinated with tall buildings and how buildings were built and wanting to see the tallest buildings in the world.

Everyday coming home from school, I would make sure to drive through downtown so that he could see the few tall buildings we have in our city. He asked me all kinds of questions I couldn't answer.

This picture is from his first attempts to build buildings. We only have a few Legos so he found other things to use instead. Once the buildings were built, he'd then ........of course, have an earthquake!





No comments:

Post a Comment