Monday, July 1, 2013

A little to excited about being at the grocery store!

I don't know where all Mr. E's energy came from today but I took him with me to the grocery store to grab just a few things and I started documenting the experience. This kid was cracking me up!

Whenever we go to the grocery store, Mr. E likes to stop at the bakery first to pick up the 'free' cookie they always give kids. This time I told him no because he had a donut earlier in the day and the donut was enough sugar for the day.
His response, "but mom I think... I already pooped out the donut...."

As we walked to the produce section he said, "mom what if everything was a dollar or free? wouldnt that be cool?!"
To bad the $ store was already created, this kid could have made us millions!

When we got to the produce section, "mom are these weeny peeny watermelon?"
I asked him what that meant and he said " oh you know, like kind of, a little bit smaller."

Walking further, "mom what if I owned this store? We would have so much food huh.....mom what if we lived here? "
I asked him where his room would be..
He said " pretty much anywhere and we could wake up and get whatever we wanted huh mom."
Me, "yep"
"Mom everyday I could pretty much come to this storage."
(We have a cold storage under our porch so we ask the kids to sometimes grab a food item from the 'storage')

Walking further, "Well that sucks there is only a little bit!"
I noticed he had stopped and was looking into a barrel of beans and noticed that they didn't go all the way to the bottom of the barrel. They only went down a few inches, how deceiving right : )

Further down he stopped abruptly and got loud, "IS. THAT. WHAT. I THINK. IT. IS??? Is that broccoli? Is that what I call a broccoli tree? I could make a whole food city and these broccoli can be for the trees!!"

Next to the broccoli, "hey mom, those look like people!" (Ginger) "and the salad can be the grass."

"Mom the most reddest apples are the goodest and most fruitiest."

Should I be fixing his grammar? I love how he talks but he IS going into 5th grade in 2 months.

This was quite an entertaining shopping experience thanks to Mr. E!


No comments:

Post a Comment