Sunday, November 10, 2013

Maybe the charger needs batteries.

Always a hairy haircut.

It was time for Mr. E to have a haircut.

Since I now have an apprentice under me at my salon (Anna), I decided to have her practice on Mr. E. The tricky part is, is that Mr. E absolutely hates the newly cut hair to fall on or down his neck whatsoever, and really, who doesnt that bother. With this kids tactile sensitivities its extra bothersome believe it or not. It's always harder to cut hair on a somewhat squirmy and impatient kid, BUT I was Super impressed with Mr. E today!!

 Anna is still learning, so a haircut takes a little longer than it normally would so I prepped Mr. E. (especially Since things tend to roll out of his mouth) I told him that he needs to be very nice and not complain or whine because Anna is learning, and we want her to feel good about herself while cutting his hair. I was proud of him, he was very polite! He did ask a few times when she would be done but other than that he did great. It did help that half way through the haircut, Anna let him play games on her IPhone.

The first half of the haircut, Mr. E told Anna all about his oragami tanks, buildings, airplanes, jets ect. Then moved onto his other obsession, minecraft which then lead to the question, for the umpteenth time 

    "mom why can't I play on your IPad"

 I again told him that the charger wasn't working.

 He then said "mom maybe the charger just needs batteries". 

I said "yes maybe."

No comments:

Post a Comment